Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Hello World!

My name is Danae Massie and this is the official debut of my blog. I can't lie, I'm pretty freaking excited about this! I am helplessly addicted to all forms of social media and have considered starting my own blog for a while now as another creative outlet. What finally convinced me to do it though was when I was mindlessly scrolling through pinterest last night and I came across the most ADORABLE blog called Chronicles of Frivolity. I'm almost completely convinced that this blogger is me living in a blonde shell down in Texas. Seriously though, her whole blog is basically everything I've ever pinned fashion and home décor wise. We even have identical engagement rings!!!! And believe me, I have scoured the internet looking for my engagement ring after I was proposed to. What girl doesn't want to know everything possible about her new bling? Just me? Okay awkward. Buuuuut anyways, My point is that this girl has an adorable blog that matches some of my ideas so naturally I thought "if she can do it, so can I!". And with that wave of creativity I embarked on a 3 hour mission of researching everything imaginable about blogs which brings us up to the present.

Now onto more exciting things!

Living in Colorado is great, don't get me wrong! But the weather here is absolutely bi polar. Last week I was wearing spring dresses with bold floral patterns to work and then BAM! It snowed 6 inches last weekend. Because of these crazy weather changes, I've learned how important it is to dress in layers! 


Left Picture                                                                          Right Picture
Dress: Target                                                                        Cardigan: Ross
Cocoon Cardigan: Nordstrom's                                            Tank top: Costco
Belt: My sisters closet..shhh she hasn't noticed yet!             Skater skirt: H&M                          
Sandals: DSW                                                                      Tights: Costco....don't judge me 
                                                                                             Ankle cut cowboy boots: Forever 21


The picture on the left provides a pretty good example of the 70 degree weather we were having pre-snow. It was sunny and gorgeous with just a touch of a slight breeze. I bought that dress back in my high school days and its simple style makes it wonderfully versatile and trendy even now 4 years later. I added the thin cardigan just to give my outfit a touch of professionalism. Some workplaces require some form of a "shell" whether it's a cardigan, blazer, or a jacket. I'm very blessed to work for a company that's dress code is business casual so it isn't frowned upon to wear a dress that is cut above the knee. Trust me, it's hard for a 5'7" girl to find a dress that doesn't end above the knee!

The picture on the right is what I wore last Sunday while it was snowing. The black cardigan I'm wearing is my absolute favorite! It's so warm and cozy but if the sun decides to make an appearance, it's easy to take off and flaunt the coral tank top underneath. The floral skater skirt I'm wearing works perfect for warm spring and summer days, but its thick cotton material paired with tights and a cardigan or sweater make it perfect for cold snowy days too! 

See you next time! 
                      xoxo Danae


No comments:

Post a Comment